Veterans Memorial Hospital Community and Home Care/Allamakee County Public Health’s annual flu shot clinics are underway. The new COVID vaccine booster for the variant strains is also being offered, as well as the primary (first and second doses) of the COVID vaccine.
These walk-in clinics are held every Wednesday from now through November 9th, from 9-11:30 a.m. in the ICN room located on the west side of the hospital, next to the Gundersen Clinic. Parking will be available right outside that entrance, marked with orange cones.
Additional Clinics Around Allamakee County Announced
Vaccination clinics have also been added all around Allamakee County this fall in addition to the walk-in clinics at the hospital. The schedule for these community walk-in clinics is as follows:
- Tuesday, October 11 from 1-3 p.m. – Harpers Ferry Community Center
- Friday, October 14 from 1-3:30 p.m. – New Albin Townhouse
- Friday, October 21 from 9-12:00 Noon – Lansing Immaculate Conception Church
- Tuesday, October 25 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. – Waterville Community Center- City Chambers (Located on Lower Level-Take Ramp on the south entrance to the building.)
- Monday, November 7th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. – Postville Northeast Iowa Wellness Center
In addition, appointments can be made in the Community and Home Care agency on the third floor of the hospital on Wednesday afternoons. Again, these vaccination clinics are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Veterans Memorial Hospital Community and Home Care will carry quadrivalent flu vaccine as well as High dose flu vaccine, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines (including Bivalent) as long as supplies last.
They will bill Medicare and private insurances. Please bring Medicare and insurance cards along to these clinics. Private pay for quadrivalent vaccine is $35.00 and $70.00 for High dose vaccine. If planning to receive a COVID vaccine booster, please bring vaccination card with you.
For more information, please call Veterans Memorial Hospital Allamakee Public Health at 563-568-5660.