Recipe Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package (14.5 ounces) Barilla Protein PLUS Spaghetti
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 4 ½ cups Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Basil
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese
- 4 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions (boil 8 minutes). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion with a little water (enough to keep from sticking) over medium heat until translucent.
- In a blender, combine stewed tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper. Blend until smooth. *Reserve 1 cup sauce for garnish* Stir in sautéed onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese and cottage cheese. Drain spaghetti, add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased deep ½ hotel pan. Top with half the tomato sauce and *3 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat spaghetti layer and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with parsley flakes.
- Cover and bake at 350˚F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
*Ladle 1 Tbsp reserved sauce over top for garnish. Serve with a sprig of fresh parsley.