- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Margarine, softened
- 3 large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 large mashed ripe Bananas (about 1 ½ cups)
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk, room temperature
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Margarine, softened
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat convection oven to 275°F. Grease a 10”x15” jelly roll pan.
- Beat the margarine on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add both sugars and beat on high speed until creamed together. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until combined.
- Beat in the mashed bananas.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition just until incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be slightly thick and a few lumps are okay!
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Frost the cooled cake, and refrigerate until ready to cut/serve.
- Makes 24 servings (6×4)
*Refrigerating the cake before cutting is recommended*