Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 25 mins
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (can use frozen broccoli)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1: Warm olive oil in a small frying pan over low heat. Slowly cook garlic in oil until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Be very careful not to burn garlic. Stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. About 5 minutes before pasta is done, drop broccoli into the pasta water. Continue to cook until pasta is cooked and broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain.
Step 3: Toss pasta, broccoli, and lemon sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 380 calories; 17 g total fat; 4 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. 47.7 g carbohydrates; 11.7 g protein;
*Adding a protein such as chicken works really well.