The Veterans Memorial Hospital Laboratory sees many repeat patients on a regular basis and is now giving them the choice to wait in the main lobby waiting room or in their personal vehicles until the drawing room is available.
Patients that choose to wait inside the hospital simply enter the hospital as usual. They will be screened by the staff member inside the door, then will wait in the lobby waiting area until a Lab staff member Lab escorts them to the Lab.
Patient who choose to wait in their car are asked to please call the Lab at 563-568-5594 when they arrive at the hospital. The Lab staff will then meet them at the door and escort them inside the building, first to the screener and then directly to the Lab waiting.
Veterans Memorial Hospital strives to provide the safest health care experience with compassion for all patients. During COVID-19, the hospital has gone to even greater measures to ensure a safe environment for all patients, with the following requirements:
- Daily health screenings of employees, patients and visitors.
- Face masks required for all employees, patients and visitors.
- Physical distancing required in waiting rooms.
- Visitation limited to only essential visitors.
- Pre-procedure COVID –19 testing required prior to having a procedure at Veterans Memorial Hospital.
- More time scheduled between patients for proper, effective and thorough sanitizing.
All appointments for Laboratory should be pre-scheduled. Please call the Lab at 563-568-5594 before the next visit to Veterans Memorial Hospital to schedule an appointment.
For questions or concerns, please call Beth Fitzpatrick, Lab Supervisor at 563-568-5594.