Veterans Memorial Hospital physicians and staff will be awaiting the arrival of the first baby born at the hospital in the New Year 2023. This fortunate child and his or her family will receive a large number of generous gifts compliments of area merchants.
The first baby of the year will receive the following in cash and prizes:
- $100.00 Cash from Moellers and Moellers Family Dentistry, Lansing.
- A $100 Meat Bundle from Waukon Feed Ranch.
- 1-Year Subscription to the Standard from The Standard/News Publishing
- $25 Gift Certificate from Outdoor Creations, Monona
- Free Pedicure from the Hair, Body and Mind Salon and Day Spa, Kim Sylvester
- $20 Gift Certificate from the S&D Café
- $10 Gift Certificate from the Village Farm and Home, Waukon
- Tastefully Simple Gift Basket from consultant Jan Baumler
- $20 Gift Certificate from Sycamore Floral
- Sterling Silver Mother/Child Pendant on 18” chain from Elliott Jewelers
- Baby Gift Bag from Waukon Dental
- 11×14 Canvas Photo Wrap from the Copy Shoppe
- 10 Punch Pass from the Waukon Wellness Center
- Baby Afghan, Sweater, Cap and Booties donated by the Auxiliary of VMH, handknitted by Mary Scholtes
- Mary Kay Hand Cream from Debbie McGeough, Mary Kay Consultant
- Diapers, Wipes and Basket from Veterans Memorial Hospital
The family who has the first baby of the New Year, 2023, at Veterans Memorial Hospital will receive these generous gifts donated by the area merchants listed above. There are no other stipulations or guidelines other than the baby must be born at Veterans Memorial Hospital after 12:00 a.m., January 1, 2023. The first baby and family will be awarded these gifts and/or certificates for these gifts prior to leaving the hospital following the delivery.
All other babies born at Veterans Memorial Hospital in the year 2023 will also receive a Baby Coupon Book coordinated by the hospital through coupon donations from over 50 area businesses in Harpers Ferry, Lansing, New Albin, McGregor, Monona, Postville, and Waukon. The hospital coordinates this in an effort to assure all babies born at the hospital are treated extra special.
For more information, please call Veterans Memorial Hospital at 563-568-3411.