Veterans Memorial Hospital physicians and staff are pleased to announce that the First Baby of the Year Contest was won by Alaina Lucille Larkin daughter of Samantha and Sean Larkin of Waukon. She joins siblings Jonah and Charlotte at home.
Alaina was born on January 1, 2022, at 1:40 a.m., just 1 hour 40 minutes into the New Year! She weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long. Dr. Nicole Barbee assisted with the delivery.
This fortunate child and her family received the following generous gifts compliments of these area merchants:
- $100.00 Cash from Moellers and Moellers Family Dentistry, Lansing.
- A $100 Meat Bundle from Waukon Feed Ranch.
- 1-Year Subscription to the Standard from The Standard/News Publishing
- $25 Gift Certificate from Outdoor Creations, Monona
- Free Pedicure from the Hair, Body and Mind Salon and Day Spa, Kim Sylvester
- $10 Gift Certificate from the S&D Café
- $10 Gift Certificate from the Village Farm and Home, Waukon
- Tastefully Simple Gift Basket from consultant Jan Baumler
- $20 Gift Certificate from Sycamore Floral
- Sterling Silver Mother/Child Pendant on 18” chain from Elliott Jewelers
- $20 Gift Certificate from Milty’s Restaurant and Skinny Dip, Lansing
- $15 Gift Certificate from the Waukon City Club
- Baby Gift Bag from Waukon Dental
- 11×14 Canvas Photo Wrap from JaDecc’s & the Copy Shoppe
- 10 Punch Pass from the Waukon Wellness Center
- Hand Made Baby Afghan from the Auxiliary of Veterans Memorial Hospital
- Mary Kay Hand Cream from Debbie McGeough, Mary Kay Consultant
- Diapers, Wipes and Laundry Basket from Veterans Memorial Hospital
All other babies born at Veterans Memorial Hospital in the year 2022 will receive a Baby Coupon Book coordinated by the hospital through coupon donations from over 60 area businesses in Harpers Ferry, Lansing, Monona, Postville, and Waukon. The hospital coordinates this in an effort to assure all babies born at the hospital are treated extra special.
Congratulations to grandparents Becky and Greg Benjegerdes of Waukon, Shari and the late Alan Brink of Postville, Angie Anderson of West Union and Bob and Peggy Larkin of Dorchester; and to great grandparents Curt and Linda Gjere of Decorah, Rose Larkin of Lansing, Dale and Eleanor Underbakke of Burr Oak, and Lucille Brink of Postville.